Rutgers University, B.A. summa cum laude
University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
In law school, Victoria was an editor of the Texas Law Review.
Victoria McDermott’s practice encompasses a significant range of complex litigation matters, including employment, insurance bad faith, and general commercial litigation. She is experienced in matters involving contract disputes, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, trademark infringement, fraud, and unfair competition.
Victoria’s recent successes include:
- Obtained judgment after evidentiary hearing on behalf of international tea manufacturer in trademark infringement action.
- Obtained $3.4 million judgment against food distributor in matter involving breach of merchantability.
- Obtained judgment against land developer for breach of agreement to purchase $640,000 Malibu property.
- Settled a breach of contract action by a national glass manufacturer against her client with zero damages given to plaintiff (monetary or equitable) and a complete release of all claims asserted against her client.
- Defeated Motion for Summary Judgment by national insurance company in breach of contract and insurance bad faith action, resulting in a confidential settlement favorable to the client.
In addition to representing clients in a wide range of business disputes, Victoria has volunteered her service at the Los Angeles Bar Association Domestic Violence Support Network, protecting victims of domestic violence against their abusers.